Hosting and Connectivity
This policy applies to your usage of any hosting within, or connectivity to, Bytemark's network.
Customers contravening these policies may face their services’ temporary or permanent disconnection. We always endeavour to warn customers who may have inadvertently contravened the policy. Only where we suspect deliberate contravention, or where severe network abuse is involved, you may be cut off without notice.
Here is the policy:
- The customer may not use, or permit use of any service for any purpose which contravenes the laws of the United Kingdom.
- The customer may not use, or permit use of any service for network abuse: the bulk sending of any kind of unsolicited network traffic, including but not limited to email, ICQ/AIM/MSN messages or newsgroup postings.
- The customer may not use any service for the hosting or promotion of any software or services designed for network abuse.
- The customer is entirely responsible for any activity conducted on any service, and must take steps to ensure that anyone to whom access is granted will not breach this AUP in turn.
- The customer agrees by subscribing to a service, that the customer will fully indemnify us against any claims for loss or damage by any third party in respect of activities conducted on any service under the customer’s control.
- For Virtual Machines only: the customer acknowledges that their use of their Virtual Machine affects some other users, and must agree to terminate, at Bytemark’s request, any activities which we deem to be degrading to the service that Bytemark provides its other customers.
Please see our legal complaints page if you intend to take action against us or one of our customers in relation to material hosted on Bytemark's network.
“It gets old, really. Bytemark just doesn't give us things to complain about.”