To illustrate our managed hosting pricing, we've put together two sample quotes - remember these are for completely managed setups, where Bytemark handle all your server administration for you.
- Internally redundant, load-balanced cluster
- Ability to cope with very high demand
- Optimised for PHP/MySQL architecture
- Firewall, backups and management from the Bytemark team
- Robust virtual machine-based hosting
- Runs any moderate to high demand application
- Upgradeable at very short notice
- Firewall, backups and management from Bytemark team
How we calculate pricing
We assess a monthly or annual management fee based on a number of hours per month, at £85 per hour, and that is all you pay. We include in our management charges:
- Hands-on system administration
- Documentation updates and planning
- Active response to emergencies 24/7
- Face-to-face meetings (where neceessary)
Our fixed-price hosting already includes:
- Initial installation of OS, firewall and networking
- Failed hardware swap-outs according to our SLA
- Out-of-band server access and rescue facilities
Our management charges are only made for the individual attention that your servers need. We also occasionally charge a setup fee for more complex initial software installations, again at the same hourly rate.
A fair pricing policy
We think that our management charges are fair because you can easily compare the value of our team, infrastructure and procedures against doing it yourself, or against other managed hosting providers. And we think it's only fair to base management charges on the number of hours we work, don't you?
An example quotation
We've put together a typical managed quotation for a busy web site that needs to withstand the failure of any one component, and brought it in at under £10,000 per year.
David's extensive background in teaching, IT administration and as self-taught programmer made him the ideal candidate for our first line technical support representative.
“We purchased our first server with Bytemark just over 18 months ago and they have provided us with a faultless service. We've been particularly impressed with their technical knowledge, their support team and their use of Debian really sealed the deal for us when we signed up. We're currently in the process of moving all of our hosting requirements to them”