(You must already be logged in to Gitlab or you’ll hit a 404)
Here are details about our network layout and what you can expect from it.
- DNS resolvers - so your servers can resolve other names on the internet
- DNS hosting - for serving your domain names
- Time service - so your hosts can keep time accurately
- Mirror - for fast & reliable download of software you’re likely to need
Bytemark has two hosting sites: YO26, York and Reynolds House, Manchester. York is our primary (and wholly-owned) data centre, but both are resiliently connected to the rest of our UK network, and we maintain numerous interconnections to the rest of the world.
Every server is provisioned with one IPv4 address and one IPv6 address. More of each can be requested in accordance with our IP addressing policy.
- Dedicated servers are connected with a single gigabit port.
- Premium servers will have two gigabit ports connected to two switches (for redundancy only).
- Virtual Machines share network uplinks with their neighbouring customers, and as such, should be treated as contended connections.