(You must already be logged in to Gitlab or you’ll hit a 404)
Here are details about our network layout and what you can expect from it.
- DNS resolvers - so your servers can resolve other names on the internet
- DNS hosting - for serving your domain names
- Time service - so your hosts can keep time accurately
- Mirror - for fast & reliable download of software you’re likely to need
Bytemark has two hosting sites: YO26, York and Reynolds House, Manchester. York is our primary (and wholly-owned) data centre, but both are resiliently connected to the rest of our UK network, and we maintain numerous interconnections to the rest of the world.
- Dedicated servers are connected with a single gigabit port.
- Premium servers will have two gigabit ports connected to two switches (for redundancy only).
- Virtual Machines share network uplinks with their neighbouring customers, and as such, should be treated as contended connections.