Learn more about what cookies are & how Bytemark use them to improve your experience on our website.
What are Cookies?
A cookie is a small data file which is sent by a web server to a web browser. The cookie typically contains a randomly generated value (unique string of letters and numbers), as well as details on how long the cookie will stay on your browser and the IP address of the website it originated from.
Cookies can only be read by the web server they were sent from and do not contain personally identifying information.
- To enable features on our website. We use this to enhance the experience you receive when using our site; as an example we have a pricing calculator for our Cloud servers, and when you go from there to sign up for an account the specification of the machine you were browsing is transferred to the order form.
- To track which pages you visit on our website using Google Analytics. We use this information to change the layout and content of our site to make it more effective at presenting the information visitors are looking for.
- To provide you with more relevant advertising. We use this to serve you adverts which are more likely to be on interest/use to you based on the pages of our website that you have previously visited. This is part of the remarketing services provided by Google Ads and Facebook.
Opt-out of Using Cookies
Please note, blocking cookies may limit the features you are able to use on this website.
You can opt out of cookie tracking for use by Google Ads here: https://adssettings.google.com/authenticated
You can block cookies completely by editing your browser settings:
- In Internet Explorer, click “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy”, and select “Block all cookies”;
- In Firefox, click “Tools”, “Options”, and deselect “Accept cookies from sites” in the “Privacy” box;
- In Safari, click "Preferences", "Privacy", and select "Block all cookies";
- In Chrome, click "Settings", "Advanced", then under "Privacy and Security" click "Content Settings", "Cookies", and turn the "Blocked" switch on.